LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cw3dgrph is driving me batty

I just can not get the cw3dgrph control to register properly. On my dev. computer everytime I open the UIR editor (with the activex control) I get the message:

This file contains one or more ActiveX controls that could not be loaded onto this computer. For now LabWindows/CVI has converted each of these control into an indicator control. If you edit the affected controls make sure that they are properly installed, and then reopen the orignal file. If you save the file in this state the original controls will be lost.

Furthermore this works fine on my laptop so my workaround has been to just delete the control and replace it on the laptop, but I can not get the control to register through the installer. I am using installshield and I am using CW3dGraph_OCX.msm, OpenGL32.msm, GLU32.msm and the control will not register properly on the destination machine. Whenever I attempt to load the graph I get the message error -143 ActiveX control error.

I have tried regsvr32 until I am blue in the face and it does not seem to solve any problems.

Please Help me before I go CRAZY!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,753 Views)
Hello Baker

Make sure you dont have any dependencies missing for the CW3dGraph control. The only reason I can think of for this loading process failing is if a DLL required by the control is not present on the system. You have all of NI's dependencies present, but you also need to distribute the msvc 6.0 runtime and the mfc 42 dll, which are some dependencies for MFC based controls.

Try including the following msms as well in your installshield installer

cw3dgraph_ocx.msm, oleaut32.msm,
glu32.msm, opengl32.msm, msvcrt.msm,
msvcp60.msm, comctl32.msm, comcat.msm,
mfc42.msm, activex container.msm

Normally, the Create Distribution Kit option in CVI includes these for you automatically, which is why you might not see this problem if you use CVI to create the installer.

The control might be working on your laptop becuase you might have Visual studio installed on it or some other application that might have copied the required DLLs over there.

I typically use dependency walker to resolve missing dll issues. Try profiling your exe that uses the 3dGraph with this, and see if it found all the DLLs it was looking for.

Hope this helps
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,748 Views)