From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvirte general protection when LoadPanel

Dear all,

I have developed a software for serial acquisition and displaying. Recently the software crash:

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR:   "File.c", line 1409, col 25, thread id 0x00003960:   The program has caused a 'General Protection' fault at 0x6846768A.

The adress is inside cvirte.dll

This error happens always with LoadPanel function when other actions like DiscardPanel, SetPanelAttribute or PrintPanel occurs in anothers threads.

Recently I notify another bugware to NI France using SetMouseCursor functions and LoadPanel in different threads, and I have the feeling that LoadPanel function have many problems.

Now using Debugging of CVI the following error apeears many times and just before the crash:

[14:36:06.078] [WARNING] [LoadResIdList] [..\james\ui_file.c:799] Err = -101

Anyone have seen the same problem or have an idea to solve this kind of issue?

Many thanks

José

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,421 Views)

Have you gotten any replies or solved your issue?   I see the same thing in LabWindows CVI 2017.   Did not happen with older LabWindows versions for my application.   I have a main window from which I spawn other windows, some being children of the main window, some being independent.  If I attempt to change which child panel is loaded while one of the other independent windows is displayed, I get the same type of general protection fault.  Running under Windows 7 / 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,005 Views)

Hello,

NI never give me a reply to solve the problem. Finally I solve by myself after expend many time to understand it.

The problem was the uir file, I create the uir maybe in 2009 version, after many changes of version until the last one 2017 the import maybe damage the file or something like that.

I create a new panel (uir) in the 2017 version and the problem dissapears.

Hope that it can help you.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,001 Views)

Thanks.  I had also done my UIR in an older version, and had noticed that it was "corrupt" when opening the project, but would import after clicking on it a couple of times.  Seems like a nasty CVI bug.   Redoing my UIR would be a very long effort as I have 7 very detailed windows that would have to be completely redone, getting each control, callback and variables all the same so they match up with the handling code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,996 Views)

Do you still have the older cvi IDE installed? If you still have it, sometimes these kind of problems can be addressed  by saving the uir file in text format in the older cvi and reloading it from text format in the newer. 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,992 Views)