LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - a pre requisite before install Labview 2021?

Hello,
On trying to download the Labview software, I encountered the message "The installer requires Windows 10 64 bit (version 1507) or better".
My labtop has the required hardware but is running on Win 7 professional.
My concern is getting a 'blue' screen if upgrading Windows as it occurred to me previously on at the original Win 10- free upgrade release.
Do you think that I'll have to upgrade  or do you know if it is possible to install in absence of less than win 10?

As a licensed Labview user (student in a college)  I should be entitled to NI tech support, but the NI direction is to this forum 🙂 ......where I'm sure there's plenty of sharp shooting knowledgeable gurus

Maybe an option may be to download an earlier Labview version, however the activation key I have may be specifically for 2021 version.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(592 Views)

Hello, you have posted a question about LabVIEW on the wrong board: this is the CVI forum! Try posting in the correct board where you can find better help on your situation.

As a general rule, but I may be wrong in your actual situation, if an installer requires a specific OS version there is no possibility to run it on a previous version.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(558 Views)