From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the UI browser in classic view ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, hello,

I never use the integrated view as I like to have windows of code and UI next to each others. But I just discovered that the integrated view has a user interface browser and i cannot find it in the classic view. Where is it ?

Corollary to this question: how do I edit a control array in classic view ? I don't see any indicator that there's even a control array anywhere in the interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,974 Views)

Which version of CVI are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,947 Views)

Hello,

usually 2017 and 2013 full versions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,932 Views)

There is another way to have multiple windows visible in the same time.

From Options>>Environment ucheck "Show tabbed Workspace"

tabbed workspace.png

Did you try this option? Classic view looks awful for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,924 Views)

Hmmm, unless I'm missing something, this option makes the integrated view even more useless. Now I can have only see one file at the time, but I can't even tell which is which without the tabs... That's not what I was asking  😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by gdargaud

You can use Window>>Cascade Windows or Window>>Tile Windows to see multiple windows

[Edit] Also you can use the Minimize/Maximize/Restore buttons that appear in the top-right corner.

mmr.png

Message 6 of 8
(2,913 Views)

Duh, too many things on the fire right now...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,896 Views)

One other option could be to use Integrated view, but keep only your UI editor windows inside the workspace area. Keep in mind that, even if you use integrated view, you can release any windows you choose, by selecting Window>>Release Window.

Initially this can be a bit tedious, since you'd have to release each individual source code window that you care about (alternatively, you can edit the .cws file and add a "Window Released = True" to the individual files in the workspace). But once you've done this, CVI should remember your preference, and so each window would open outside the workspace each subsequent time that you open it.

Message 8 of 8
(2,807 Views)