From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Windows Sdk for Xp and Cvi

Hello,

I am using Labwindows/CVI Version 8.0.
I need to update the windows sdk that comes with CVI to a newer version since the version of wincrypt.h that comes with CVI is outdated and does not contain the algorithms that I require for my application.  More specifically, I need the AES-128 algorithm which is not defined in the wincrypt.h file that is included when the windows sdk is intalled.

I have updating the windows sdk by downloading it off the microsoft website, but that version of wincrypt.h does not seem to work with CVI, which as I understand is due to the fact that NI has a specific version of the sdk files for CVI.  The root reason for this, I suspect, is that version 8.0 supports both windows 2000 and xp, while AES is only supported in windows xp.  So in order to maintain compatibility, the AES algorithms were omited from NI's versions of the sdk's header files.

If it is not possible to use the updated sdk in CVI, is there another way to incorperate AES into my CVI application?

Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
(2,785 Views)
The best solution is to create  a wrapper dll for the required functions using another compiler. The compiler from MS is free and can be dowloaded. Then call this dll in your CVI project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,714 Views)