Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable Internal Error :-(

crash.png

running CVI2017, switching two projects

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,492 Views)

It sometimes happens to me also with CVI2015 and CVI2012. I never was able to narrow down the error to a certain situation or action.

Sometimes CVI ask me to save with the usual yes-no-cancel message that I can cancel and it keeps CVI alive (but I normally terminate my edit, save and restart; I do this when I have files with several excluded lines that I would lost is simply saving and exiting).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,465 Views)

...maybe NI can elaborate on the information the address is providing...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,435 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

I looked up that address, but unfortunately it's in a very low-level function that's used extensively throughout CVI, so without more context it's impossible to know why the crash happened.

If you happen to see the problem again, and can give us a series of steps, even if the crash is rare and doesn't happen consistently, we should be able to investigate further.

Luis

Message 4 of 7
(3,398 Views)

Thank you Luis Smiley Happy

From our local support I have learned that this error may point to a corrupt project - which I can exclude since I use this very same project frequently, and in all other situations without any problem.

This is also the good news - so far this error has hit me only once.

Of course, if it resurfaces I will try to provide extra information.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Hello Luis,

I am not sure if I saw the problem again or if I saw another one, because this time the address is slightly different (...46 instead of ...44).

This time it had nothing to do with switching to another project, I was working with the same project all day. The crash happened when I wanted to insert a line in source code: I have a project with several tabs open, each of these tabs refers to one of the source code files (.c, .h) of the project. I was editing in one tab, switched to another tab and wanted to insert a new line when this popup showed up:

crash.png

Unfortunately, there seemed to be nothing special... so the series of steps I can give is limited to these two last actions.

Anyway, all the best!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,346 Views)

I have also seen in 2017, 2013, and 2015. It seems to happen mostly on switching tabs or the very next action. Sometimes the whole application dims and indicates it is thinking real hard. I will check the address next time it happens.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,320 Views)