From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Load DLL's to RealTime Target

Hello,

I am trying to do deploy a code to a realtime Target from CVI, but getting some DLL errors. Before going to the details, here are the system details

• Windows 7 Desktop PC (64bit OS)
  • NI Reatime 15 installed on PXI reatime target
  • LabWindows/CVI 2015 on Desktop pc
  • Microsoft visual c++ redistributable and run time components are installed on the pc

When attempting to deploy the code the following error messages were shown.

2.png

after clicking continue in the above dialog, following error appears.

1.png

The error on build output says "MSVCP100.dll (also MSVCR100.dll) cannot be copied to target because it could not be found"

if trying to use some daqmx functions, the following error also appears.

3.jpg

I have verified that MSVCP100.dll, MSVCR100.dll and nicaiu,dll are present in the Windows/System32 folder. 

what could be the problem? The RT system is fine though when simple codes are deployed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,632 Views)

The MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll in the system folder are not usable for the Pharlap ETS system. Microsoft Visual C runtime library depends on Windows features (including low level undocumented APIs) that the Pharlap ETS system never could support.

Instead NI licensed the Visual C runtime library from Microsoft and created their own version of it for the Pharlap ETS systems. But in order to get that you do need to install the actual NI ETS system and the necessary runtime support functions.

You should be able to select in NI MAX the target and there the software tab and then add additional software to install. From there select the according Microsoft Visual C runtime support.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,532 Views)

Hi Rolf,

Many thanks for your comments Smiley Happy.

The MS visual C runtime support (2008 & 2010) is already installed on the target (through MAX). But no luck.

Let me know if anything else could be done.

Regards

Deepu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,523 Views)