LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of data from Labwindows/CVI to TestStand

Hi all, I am having problems with transferring the results of my tests from Labwindows/CVI to Teststand. In the usual situations, where I am taking standard readings, voltages, resistances etc this is fine, using the tTestData structure's 'measurement' element.

However, the current test I am trying to put in is checking a comms message response, it's a 4 byte response, with each bit being a flag of it's own meaning. I want to print a separate line in TestStand for each bit, with the description of the flag, the expected and measured results. As such in CVI I have the following:

struct flag
{
    int expected;
    int measured;
    char description[128];
}
struct flag messageResponse[32];

I populate this as part of my test, however, I am now struggling with passing this back to TestStand. I have managed to pass back an array containing only the int items, but I cannot get the string items back at all, even as a separate array.

In TestStand I can create an array of containers, which is essentially the same result as the above structure, but I cannot see how to transpose one into the other. Can anyone offer any suggestions? All help much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(793 Views)