From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)

I have a program that builds and runs successfully on a machine installed LabWindows/CVI 2017. When I try to run the executable on a different machine (without LabWindows/CVI 2017), I get the error, 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Yuhe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,139 Views)

CVI built applications needs CVI runtime engine to be installed in system directory ("C:\Windows\System32" and "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"). Please check if cvirte.dll is present in system directory. 

Recommended way to distribute a CVI application is to create a distribution for it (Build menu -> Distributions->Manage Distributions); distribution that can be installed on any computer and it will take care of dependencies so that your application will successfully run.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,130 Views)

There might be a system file corruption occurred in your windows, here are few steps to fix it:

1) Install all pending windows and driver updates.

2) run the Microsoft safety scanner and check is there any malware which is infecting your computer.

3) press Windows + R and type %temp%, clean the temporary folder and empty Recycle Bin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,003 Views)

Hi, You can try to uninstall and reinstall the program, if the order still exists, try to run CHKDSK Command. If all these ways don't work, you can update Windows version. But before doing this, you must make a backup of your data in advance.

Hope it can offer some help for you, have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,741 Views)