LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textbox - Cannot type on it after opening the application

Does Anyone else had this problem with TextBox in LabWindows applications?   Some times when you open an application exe and you try to type text in any textbox, it does not work.

However if you go to any other windows application like notepad and type something, it works.  Then if you go back to Labwindow application, it does work.

This has happened to me with different CVI applications in different versions (2009,2012,2015) and different OS (WinXP, Win7).

This happens only sometimes, maybe 50% of times when you close and open the app, in both Dev Enviroment and end user PC. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,010 Views)

Hi Jabara, 

If your situation was like mine, it might be because of a stuck "ALT" key or "CTRL" key. I have to remote in to test on the target machine and work on my development machine. Sometimes I hit "ALT-TAB" and the "ALT" gets stuck on my target machine, causing anything I type (it doesn't have to be TextBox) to not respond until I hit "ALT" again. 

As a random scenario to test (just to get more information), try adding a HOT mode NUMERIC control. If a scenario occurs where you can't type in the textbox, try typing in the NUMERIC control. Check to see if it is unresponsive like your textbox is. 

Let me know your results or if you manage to find a work-around!

Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,987 Views)