LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard I/O window - accented characters

Hello people,

I´m using CVI 2020 and some "printf" do print messages in the Standard I/O (console), with some accented characters. But these characters are printed incorrectly. 

In the "Debug Window", these characters are OK, but not in the console.

In the menu: Options - Environment - Encoding: I´m using the "Character ser for interpreting ANSI strings" as "System Codepage", but it appears that at the moment the console window opens, the codepage is changed, and the characters are printed wrong.

I´m using Windows 10, with "language & region" defined correctly (portuguese), and checking the codepage in the console (cmd) window, give me 850 - whitch is correctly also.

In CVI 2017, there is not any problems with these characters.

Could you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(713 Views)

Hello Ale,

When you [Right-click][Properties] on the console's top bar, what codepage does it give you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(675 Views)

When I do that I obtain 850.

Thanks gdargaud!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(671 Views)

Mine gives me 437, both are default for english. I'd think it'd be enough to change the codepage for default console (860 in your case), but I think it takes after Windows own codepage. And you said you've already done that.

There are forums saying that you can change a registry key to set the console codepage separately from Windows. I'm no expert in this (I always write my LabWindows  programs in english!) and I use Linux when dealing with text (everything has been UTF8 for a while).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(646 Views)