LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software crashes with [FATAL] [GetUILSpace] [..\james\ui_tag.c:739] Assertion failed: uiData->uilSpace != 0

So, if I interpret the profiler correctly, my software really does practically nothing on this test setup. I use the profiler for the first time though, so I don't exactly know how to use it. I have added CVIProfSetCurrentThreadProfiling(1); at the start of every thread (WinMain aswell) and that's it.

overview.png

This is the only thing that thImageSaver did (apart from some init things at the start):

thImageSaver.PNG

And this is was WinMain mostly did (apart from some init things at the start):

winMain.PNG

Again, I merely started the application up, let it do its startup things and then moved the mouse around for about 5-10 minutes until the performance dropped.

The 2020 runtime seemingly prevents this issue, unless it only happens after a lot of hours, which I haven't tested yet.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(412 Views)

@gdargaud wrote:

It's not just a licensing problem, it's a linking problem. Function signatures may not match and it'll either refuse to run outright (if you use InitCVIRTE) or will crash when calling certain functions.

I use InitCVIRTE and also there was a question about RTE backwards compatibility on this forum:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Question-about-mixing-LabWindows-CVI-runtime-versions/td-p/7... 

To add clarity: I am developing using CVI 2017, the runtime where the application starts to slow down is 2017, the runtime where it does not is 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(410 Views)

AFAIK there are no licensing problems in installing whichever runtime version you want to. And I have never find any issue till now in running an application with a RTE more recent than the IDE the application was compiled into. 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community