LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shown Sensor-Value jumps from 0 to -0

Hello,

i'm new in LABVIEW and I want to use a Burster 8661 Torque-Sensor, which is connected via USB. I installed the LabWindows-Drivers via the Labview Instrument Driver Import Wizard. I followed the Instructions in the Manual of Burster.

I made a Little Labview-Program, that should read the Serial Number and the Torque. The Serial Number is detected and shown correctly. So I guess, that the Driver is installed correctly ?

The Torque jumps between 0 and -0, depending on the turn-direction of the measurement-shaft, but does not Show the real Torque-Value.

Can anybody help me or had a similar Problem?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Steffen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,195 Views)

Steffen, it's not clear to me whether you are programming in CVI or LabView!

Just a guess: could it be that your sensor has a less-than-1Nm range? If so you could read the correct value simply adding some digits of precision to your indicator.

If not, taking a look at your code may help to understand what's happening: if you are working in CVI you may post it here, otherwise you should repost this entire question to the LabView board, possibly adding your VI

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,173 Views)

Hello,

thank you for your fast answer. I am programming in LabView using Labview 2016. I will check if i can add some Digits of precision. I used the Labview Labwindows Import wizard, which is why is used (probably falsely) this Forum and I will add this Topic to the LabView Forum... Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,152 Views)

Discussion follows here in the LabVIEW board

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community