From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rohde & Schwarz NRP Z81 power meter not initializing in Labwindows CVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am having trouble with initializing my R&S NRP Z-81 power meter using LabWindows. LabWindows is detecting the power meter and when the SSessionInfo typedef struct is called the IsPulseMeasurementOn boolean value is true. But i am stuck in an infinite loop as the IsMeasurementComplete boolean value does not turn true. I am debuging in TestStand. If anyone has any idea where I am going wrong or just some inputs on what i could try i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance..    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,434 Views)

I would like to add that the power meter is working fine when tested with the NRP toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,433 Views)

Did you try the R&S examples for measurements to get started wiht the NRP-Z programming http://www.rohde-schwarz.de/de/service_support/downloads/treiber/?type=25&downid=1255

br j.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,407 Views)

Hello,

So you used the driver that you can download from that website, right?

http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/service_and_support/Downloads/Drivers/?downid=1598

You could also have a look to the document How to use the R&S®NRP-Z Instrument Drivers which could help you.

If you still have some trouble, could you please send us the sequence that your using?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,401 Views)

Thank you so much for your replies. Yes I did try out the example measurment codes provided by R&S and they work fine. And yes i have downloaded and am using the latest drivers from the R&S website. I am still unable to figure out where I am going wrong. I have attached the seq file i am using incase thats of any help. Thanks once again.

__

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sinnas

Just to inform you that the problem was with a difference in variable types between LabWindows and TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,351 Views)

Hello I would like to know how did you connect the R&S Z81 power sensor to the Labview environment, did you use a DAQ and which one?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,263 Views)