LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Control's Arrow Disappear

When a program developed in CVI runs a period, the arrow of the ring control will disappear, and leave the bare on the panel. How to maintain the ring control's appearance as it is designed?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,835 Views)
Hello zhenve,

I have a few following questions: Which version of CVI and the runtime engine are you using? Are you using the classic or labstyle ring control? Do you create the control programmatically or in the UIR editor? Does the problem appear immediately at runtime or only after a long period of time?

There was a similar issue in CVI 6 as described on the following post. Let me know if this is the problem you are seeing. If not, could you post an example program / screen shots demonstrating the behavior?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,822 Views)
Hello Wendy,

I put a classic ring control in the UIR editor of CVI 6.0 or 7.0. After it runs a period, the situation occur.

I notice the link you offer. It is just the same problem. Maybe I can solve it with the method mentioned there.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Hello zhenve,

There was an issue with the classic recessed menu ring control in CVI 6.0, but this has since been fixed in CVI 7.0. Are you using the recessed menu ring control? If so, as a workaround, you can either:

1. Use the Lab Style Control
2. Use another type of ring, or
3. Create the classic recessed menu ring programmatically

Also, if you open up your 6.0 UIR in CVI 7, replace the ring control with another classic ring control, rebuilt your project and run it, do you see the same behavior?

Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 4
(2,806 Views)