LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing panel with table (attached to splitter) stops at some max value

Greetings. I have an old panel I put together a few years ago that "used to work" but now has an issue. Something got changed accidentally, I expect.

I have a table that I want to expand based on the panel size. I learned about linking controls to a splitter, which I do at the bottom and right side. I turned on the visibility (blue lines) to show them:

Table1.png

When I expand the window down, the bottom controls shift down and the table expands as expected.

But, when I expand to the right, the splitter moves a bit then stops. I expect there is some kind of "max" parameter somewhere that got toggled; but I cannot find it: 

Table2.png

I expect this is a simple setting somewhere, but I've been looking at the attributes of the bottom splitter and the right and don't see anything different.

Any pointers? Thanks, much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,042 Views)

@AllenInIowa  ha scritto:

I have a table that I want to expand based on the panel size. I learned about linking controls to a splitter, which I do at the bottom and right side.

Maybe this is a typo but... when you attach a control to the top side of a horizontal splitter it keeps the bottom margin steady and resizes the top margin until the control is at its minimum value (in case of a table, only the scrollbar is visible). The same applies for a vertical splitter: the right margin is steady and the table resizes from the left margin until its minimum possible width (the scrollbar width, if it's visible). You can test it with a blank panel with just the table and the splitters by clicking on the operate tool and dragging the splitters. Enabling Show Contents While Dragging splitter option will make this more evident.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,010 Views)

This panel worked fine two or so years ago when I first created, so I assume something got toggled by mistake. In my screen shots attached to my initial post, you can see that vertical stretching works as expected, but expanding this width goes to a set value then stops -- leaving just grey empty panel the more I stretch it. Looks like some "max width" value somewhere, but I did not see any obvious differences between the two splitters.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(976 Views)

(In the screen shots, I have the splitter set visible. You can see that it expands to the right a bit, but then stops. The buttons that are linked to it stop moving, and the table stops expanding. Very puzzling, since this worked the last time I used it, and I don't see any other accesses to the file in our version control.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(975 Views)

UPDATE: I detached and re-attached the table, and now it works as it used to. Dunno!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(971 Views)

That's weird! It has never occurred to me that splitter characteristics were puzzled on the way, but I have a vague uncertainty on control arrays where sometimes I have found that the order of controls in the array was mixed at some point while editing a complex, multi-panel UIR file (but not the control array itself).

I was never able to narrow this phenomenon down to a predictable condition but indeed at some point I have built some control arrays at runtime to avoid this. You may have found a similar puzzling event for splitters.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(964 Views)