LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace old controls

Hello,

I hav an old application, written in CVI 6.x. Now I am using 7.1, which has a lot of new designed controls for the panels. How can I replace the old controls (e.g. Edit Numerics, Switches, ...) with minimum of effort. Now I have to replace every item with anew one, and must configure the items again. Is there any function/option doing this for me?

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,957 Views)
Probably the best thing to do is to change to control style. This will allow you to (for exmaple) change a numeric to a color numeric, thermometer, slide, etc. It will allow you to pick either classic or lab styles. This will keep all settings on the controls the same that are compatible with the new type. You can access this from the Edit menu, Control Style. The default keyboard shortcut is F11. You will still have to change the controls one at a time, but the settings will propogate to the new control.

Hope this helps... Regards,

Alex
Message 2 of 5
(2,947 Views)
Try Exporting your UIR as a TUI file and the just do search and replace and then reload it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,932 Views)
Thank you Alex,

that is, what I was searching for.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,927 Views)
Michael,

If you have a lof of controls in your .UIR, the quickest way would be to select Tools>>Convert UI to Lab Style.

Luis
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,907 Views)