LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading offline exe/dll memory dump

Hi,

I know from my late experiance with Visual Studio (which produces *.pdb file) that memory crash dump can be analyzed with WinDbg.

Is there any matching application for *.cdb which is produces by Labwindows/CVI?

or there are any way to see why the crash happened offline? (offline - after the memory had been dumped)

Best Regards,

Uriya.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,811 Views)

The CDB files require a National Instruments internal tool to decrypt. For local debugging, you would be better off using the ConfigCVILogging.exe application available in <National Instruments>/CVI2013/bin to configure an ASCII file to log messages such as errors and warnings. This tool should allow you to view crash data offline.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,788 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

I've tried ConfigCVILogging.exe but it didn't shed any light on the crash.

Do you know if there a way getting the internal app that you've mentioned (debug .cdb files) ?

Best Regards,

Uriya.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,779 Views)

You could try checking "Generate map file" in Build >> Target settings window: this could at least help you pointing out which function the error raised in if the crash generates an error message with a memory location to look for.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,765 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

I'll try crossing the memory location where the crash happened with 'Generate map file' .

I will post here my result. hope it will be soon 🙂

Uriya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,744 Views)