From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the NI9229 and NI9237

[ <rant> I have complained about NI's atrocious documentation for at least two decades.  Perhaps the documentation for programming hardware with LabView is better, but since I despise LV, I don't dig in there.  Lots of documentation on hardware specs, how wonderful each unit is, but virtually nothing on how to program with them. </rant> ]

CVI 2017, Win7, Win10.

The two cDAQ modules NI9229 and NI9237 are high speed, 4-channel Analog In modules.  The minimum sample rate is 1613 Scans/second.  1613 Scans/sec is not useful to me, when using this module with others in a system.  My preference is 20 Scans/sec, but the Analog Input Task will not accept that.  So I set the rate at 2000 Scans/sec and interrupt every 100 Scans.  The task accepts that.

The question here is regarding 1613 vs 2000:  What is going on with these modules?  And when I get an interrupt 20 times each second, what is in the input buffer for these modules.  What is going on with a mix of slow and high speed modules?  I am wondering about setting up two analog input tasks for one cDAQ chassis, one for slow modules, one for fast modules.

As far as I know, these modules work -- I get interrupts, I save a fraction of the buffer contents, etc.  I would still like to know what is going on.

If I should post this to a hardware forum, which one?  I don't see a CompactDAQ forum.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,861 Views)