LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preprocessor files in LabWindows CVI v2020?

Solved!
Go to solution

I find this link:  <https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI-User-Group/LabWindows-CVI-Tip-Resolving-Build-Errors-Using-t...

Next up, I find this link: <https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374674g.htm>

with the following bullet:

• You cannot view the values of #define macros when you are debugging.

How does one debug macros now with LabWindows CVI?  I have an error in a macro but cannot figure how CVI is expanding it to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MAKennedy

The first link is incomplete: this is the correct one: LabWindows/CVI Tip: Resolving Build Errors Using the LabWindows/CVI Preprocessor 

Now, despite what is said in the document of your second link (which actually refers to CVI2013) the Preprocess Source File item in Options menu effectively translates all macros into their actual code, so you should be able to use this option to analize your code.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,082 Views)

So, per your sig, I attempted to give you a Kudos, but nothing happened.  I worked around the issue, but I will note it for later if I need it.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,035 Views)

I am trying to do this as well, but that option is greyed out on our LabWindows/CVI 2017. Is there something that has to be done to enable it?

I am wanting to look at preprocessor output to see what some #define macros are turning in to.

(Update: I see; must be the .c file, can't show the .h header file.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(790 Views)

@AllenInIowa  ha scritto:

(Update: I see; must be the .c file, can't show the .h header file.)

Correct, that option is active only if you have a source file loaded in the active editor window because it actually processes that source file. Which also implies that if you have a different list of include files in different .c files you must process all of them to see the preprocessor output.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(781 Views)