LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup or custom control to select a Visa resource

Hello all,

I was sure there was either (or both) a popup function or a custom control to select a Visa device, but I can't find either. Am I mistaken (what a surprise !) ?

All I want to do is an auto-detection, and if that fails, show a popup asking for user selection.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(765 Views)

There actually is the VISA Interactive Control, but as the name says it is a standalone interactive tool that is not intended to be integrated into an application.

AFAIK there is no equivalent in the VISA world of DAQmx IO controls.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(750 Views)

OK thanks, so that's NIvisaic.exe, but is it possible to launch it programmatically simply and recover the resource string ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(746 Views)

I'm not really sure what you try to do, but it seems to me you simply want to present a user with a list of possible resource identifiers to select from?

If that is the case that should be very simple by calling viFindRrsrc() and viFindNext() until there are no resources returned anymore. Add each entry to a list box control and you have your selector. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(721 Views)

Absolutely, and that's what I just coded. But from what Roberto said, there are ready made controls to do that with niDAQmx, so I was hoping the same existed for VISA.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(716 Views)