From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perplexing problem with Keithley not being recognized

Hi all,

I know this has got to be a simple problem, but being a fairly new CVI programmer, I'm stumped.  First, I have a good amount of programming experience, but know next to nothing about how CVI works.

Here is my problem:

I wrote a small application that uses a Keithley 2701 using an Ethernet connection.  I developed the application on a system that has a full installation of CVI.  The application runs fine.  I built a distribution kit for the application so I can move it to a target computer.  On the dedicated computer I loaded a full install of dotNet, then the NIVISA software, the Keithley IO Layer, and then the Keithley Driver.  At that point I loaded and installed my application.  I get a -1073807343 error.

I then ran NiMax, and tried to configure a network device using the same connection string as in my application.  NiMax finds the device and can establish a session with it.

That should tell me that the necessary software is on the target computer.  So what have I done wrong?  It seems probable that I have simply neglected to configure something correctly in my distribution, or perhaps have a file used by my application in the wrong location on the development computer (and I have somehow compensated for that), and when the application runs it doesn't find the file.  Could it be a registry entry?

BTW, an application written by another individual uses the exact same setup for the NIVISA, dotNet, IO Layer, and driver as my code, and it runs fine...  So it has got to be something really really stupid.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.  This is driving me crazy...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,019 Views)

If all the needed software is in place to communicate with the device from MAX, and the commands you are sending are indeed the same I can't think immediately of any additional configuration that would be required to communicate with it from your application.

It may be worth it to look into using some of the examples from CVI for serial communication to see if these behave as expected or if these present a similar behavior.

One thing I imagine you have looked into is the name of the resource in your application properly matching the one seen in NI-MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,992 Views)