LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4461 & PXI-4472

Hi,
I am new to DAQmx, I have PXI-4461 (2 analog output & 2 analog input) and PXI-4472 (8 input). I want to have a continue output on PXI-4461 and input from 1 channel of PXI-4461 and 8 channels from PXI-4472. Can some one please show me how to configure these two board work together. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,185 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

If I understand your question correctly, you are trying to configure your PXI-4461 as an analog output and the PXI-4472 as an analog input.

If you are interested in using LabVIEW or CVI for this, we have several examples available on the NI Example Finder under Help>>Find Examples. Once the NI Example Finder browse to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Synchronization>>Multi-Device. The first example called Multi-Device Sync-AI and AO-Shared Timebase & Trig-DSA, illustrates continuous analog input and output operations. It configures a total of four tasks on two PXI Dynamic Signal Acquistion (DSA) devices.  Each device runs a task for analog input and another for analog output.

We have other examples available through the NI-Developer Zone: Example Code that allows you to search for other examples.

Hope this can help you get started.

Good luck,

Tica T

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,158 Views)

Hi Tica,

Thanks for your response. I want to use the PXI-4461 for both input & output and the PXI-4472 channels for input.

Can the input channels & output channel specify as:

"Dev1/ai0:7,Dev2:ai0:1" input channel for PXI-4472 (Dev1) and PXI-4461 (Dev2)

"Dev2/ao0" output channel for PXI-4461(Dev2)

How do I synch them for acquisition. Do I need to create one input taskhandle and one output task handle or two input task handle and one output task handle?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,145 Views)

Hi,

Yes, you can have an input task that handles two different boards by specifying the physical channels as: “PXI1Slot2/ai0:1,PXI1Slot3/ai0:5” where slot 2 has the PXI-4472 and slot 3 has the PXI-4461 or like you specified with Dev1/ai0 if that is the name of your board in MAX.

I have included an example that shows you how to do synchronization by using property nodes.

Hope this helps,

Tica

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,124 Views)