LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-4461

When I open the software I get a "440 Error: The master timed out when trying to communicate with the card."

It worked yesterday, PC was shut down normally, powered up today, and ... this 440 error thing keeps happening.

I've tried all sorts of reboot, external cable disconnects, and various changes with the device manager settings.

Anyone have a clue?

Roger W. Nichols
Aerojet Metrology
Electronic Research & Calibration
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,022 Views)

Hi Roger,

Can you give a few more details about the software environment that you are using? You mention that when the software is opened you receive an error message, but what is the software that is being used?

In addition, can you attach a screenshot of the error message that you are receiving?

Best,

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,010 Views)

The software is part of our TMS 9155C test station. It was designed in NI LabWindows/CVI and uses NI SQL Driver Runtime library.

I couldn't attach a screenshot, the system is off-network but they are the standard WinXP "Error" windows.

"440 Error" in the header and the other messages in the gray body of the window.

Roger W. Nichols
Aerojet Metrology
Electronic Research & Calibration
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,002 Views)

Hi Roger,

It sounds like a common source of one type of 440 error is a problem with Automation (ActiveX) components used by the application. This error can occur if the application is trying to reference an ActiveX .dll that is not registered correctly on the machine. You may want to try reinstalling drivers or toolkits used by the application or if the .dll in question is pin-pointed you can try to register the .dll manually using the regsvr32 application

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,992 Views)