From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision application memory leak

Hello,

My application uses NI Vision module for Image processing. I am seeing memory leakage on the Vision code block, which I located by executing the specific vision code module while monitoring the PC memory. I have cross-verified my entire code to make sure to execute imaqDispose() as required.

But still the problem has not been solved.

Is there any way to track the CVI code in debug mode to locate the exact function which is causing this memory leakage??

Regards,

Sankar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,188 Views)

Hi Sankar, 

There are some details and recommendations to look for memory leaks in this document

Also, a great source of information to troubleshoot and get the most out of LabWindows/CVI is this other white-paper

I hope you can find this helpful for your current project. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,145 Views)

Hi Sil.VI,

Thanks for the links, the White-paper link has very good documentations related to CVI. Let me review, planning to try using the Resource Tracking tool for locating the function which is causing the memory leak in my application; will further update the results.

Regards,

Sankar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,127 Views)

Still I couldn't get the exact root cause which is causing the memory leak eventually causing my Application crash.

Attaching the Crash-Dump log, appreciate if any one can get me any lead on the reason for Crash with these logs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,971 Views)