LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CVI install program doesn't seem to register the ActiveX Server on WinXP

I created an ActiveX Server in CVI 6.0 on a Win98 computer. Also on that computer I built the distribution kit. For the appropriate File Group, I check the Register Files as ActiveX Servers and then built the distribution kit. I then install it on a WinXP computer and try to start the ActiveX server. I get the error message "The procedure entry point GetProcessFlags could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL". How do I get it to work. It works on the Win98 computer. Another program I built (not an ActiveX server) on the Win98 computer and install on the WinXP computer works OK.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Hi,

This is quite a strange error... what do you mean when you say to "try to start the server"? are you running another application that calls the ActiveX server? does the problem goes away if you manually register the ActiveX server?

You could also try to install CVI run-time engine 7.0 from the web in the Windows XP machine. XP was not officially supported in CVI 6.0.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Juan,

Thanks for the reply. In answer to your questions. "Try to start the server" means I double click on the server program (.exe file). The server can also be started from another program and when I try that, I get the same error message. I can't find any documentation on how to register the server manually, regsvr32 doesn't seem to work on an .exe file. What do I do to register it manually?

Thanks,
Bob (RTCC)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,154 Views)
It is really annoying that on a restart, the new CVI activates its
registration procedure whenever I happen to switch off or on the WIFI
(change the status between two runs of CVI. ). I only hope that this is not
interpreted at NatInst that I am pirating their otherwise really good
product....
Any solution to this problem, besides hoping that the new release will NOT
watch the network adapters during startup?

Lajos
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Hi Bob,

There is a document here where you can find the info on how to register the exe. Give that a try and will see if that is really the problem. If after registering the exe this works; then it definatelly looks like the installer is not registering the control.

Let me know how this goes.

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Juan,

I tried registering the .exe ActiveX Server with the /RegServer switch and I get the same error as I did when I tried to start the program: "The procedure entry point GetProcessFlags could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Juan,

I just figured it out. Since I built in on a Win98 computer along with the install file and installed it on a WinXP computer, the path where the ActiveX Server was registered was different from where it was installed. I though that the registering would be to the same path where the program was installed to, but apparently not.

Thanks for your help.
Bob(RTCC)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,154 Views)
I'm glad you figure this out... that error message is just useless.

Let us know if you have any further quetions.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,154 Views)