LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multichannel Oscope Measurements to LabWindows

I am currently wanting to use my DSO-X4104A to measure 3x sinusoidal signals simultaneously.  I want to measure these three signals over a couple of seconds, save all the data for each channel and pass it off into LabWindows via USB with VISA commands.  Then, take all the data points and calculate information relative to each signal.  The only problem is, I have no idea how to do this.

I guess the first question I have is to know "where" or "what" stores data in the oscope for multiple channel readings with respect to the same time interval.  Is there common terminology or something I should look for in the programming manual of my oscope?

The other question is whether or not LabWindows will be able to read this "data block" and then tell the oscope, "Ok I've got what I want, now clear this data and lets measure some more stuff again."

I also don't need a terribly high amount of data points as the signals are all 400Hz and will be used in calculating phase information. 

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,221 Views)

First look into the programmers guide "Getting started" chapter. The example code there is  written in Visual basic but you can transfer it to Labwindows/C in most cases by replacing the Writestring method with a viWrite() call and the Readstring Method with a viRead() call.

For transferring the Data to PC have a look into Chapter 36 (waveform commands) .

You might also have a look into the devices instrument driver (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=21198 ) which provides a more high level interface to the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,192 Views)

The device driver linked before is likely the easiest way to interface with the device, I haven't looked specifically into its contents but I expect it should include examples or at least good documentation as to how to communicate and transfer data from the device.

If this were not available then you'd have to rely on VISA calls, and reference the programmer's guide of the device just as you mentioned, however the device driver should be able to simplify all of this greatly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,185 Views)