LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing header file during .dll import

Hi,

I have a following problem. I want to use a C++ .dll and a header file, so I go Tools>>Import>>shared library. I add both files (.dll and .h) and after parsing files I get the following message:

"The following header file was not found in the specified header file or one of the referenced header files:-  vfw.h"

The .dll has 64 declarations, LabView can import only 24. How to force LabView to see this missing file (I cannot add it)? I enclosed both files, any ideas will be really helpful 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,096 Views)

The problem is that TVCore2.h includes vfw.h file in the very first lines: you cannot import the dll until all original and nested include files are present. The missing file can possibly be a part of the product, so you could ask the producer of the dll to supply it.

In any case, this question relates to LabVIEW and should be posted in the proper forum: this one is dedicated to LabWindows/CVI

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,091 Views)

Thank you for a reply. I already have this header file - what to do with this file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,089 Views)

I suppose you can merge the two header files, but I'm not sure about it as I'm not a regular LabVIEW user: that's why I suggested you to post to the LV forum Smiley Wink

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,086 Views)

OK, thanks for help 🙂

regards,

Marcin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,084 Views)

Place vfw.h in the same directory as the TVCore2.h file. LabVIEW should automatically include it. Alternativly, in the import wizard lv lets you add additional include directories, add the directory containing vfw. But, if vfw includes other stuff you'll have to either place those things in that directory or add those directories as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,080 Views)

thank you for a reply, I'll try with that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,073 Views)