LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TKDS30xx_32.dll

We have three computers - two of the computers do not have this .dll and work.

However the third is looking for this .dll and is failing to execute the build because it can't find it. It shouldn't exist to begin with. We just use an .fp file. I'm guessing it's a setting in CVI - anyone have any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,200 Views)

If all 3 computers are running the same copy of the executable, then all 3 must need the same files. 

If 2 are working fine, it means that DLL is somewhere on those computers. 

FP file is not a run-time usable file. It is only required during code development. It is not even a must. It simplifies function parameter typing, that's all. 

DLL is a run-time file. If your project includes the LIB files for that instrument, and uses functions from it, that means it will have a dependency for the DLL. 

Regards, 

@Nhoff314 wrote:

We have three computers - two of the computers do not have this .dll and work.

However the third is looking for this .dll and is failing to execute the build because it can't find it. It shouldn't exist to begin with. We just use an .fp file. I'm guessing it's a setting in CVI - anyone have any ideas? 

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,167 Views)

Correct, they're all running the same copy. I went in and recopied and pasted the software from a working computer to the one not working and it's still having the same issues. I've done a search everywhere on both those working computers and neither have that .dll. I'm unsure why the third would be searching for it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,158 Views)

Can you try to run the Dependecy Walker tool on those different machines?

It is supposed to track the dependency for a specific EXE and find (or will not on the problematic machine) the DLL's requried for the EXE to run.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,133 Views)