LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TCP_DATAREADY events in server callback

Hi all.

I have written a CVI program which includes a TCP server for two-way communication with multiple clients. Recently I added some code to assist with comms debugging. All seems normal for a time, then my app stops receiving the TCP_DATAREADY event (for up to several hours), then might get a new TCP_CONNECT event (without an intervening TCP_DISCONNECT) and start receiving TCP_DATAREADY again. This happens even when the app is virtually idle.

* I am using CVI 6.0.
* The program runs on Windows NT and 2000 machines.
* I know that the client PCs are sending valid messages regularly (checked with "Ethereal" sniffer software).
* I always see TCP_CONNECT and TCP_DISCONNECT.
* All the messages sent by my app are getting through.
* I am certain that the added code is not interfering with the comms.

Does anyone have a clue about what's happening here? Anyone seen the same behaviour?

Thanks,
Colin.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,713 Views)
Colin,

From reading your post I am not clear if the code you added appears to be causing the problem, or if this code allows you to see the problem in more detail. Can you clarify this? If you can post more information about specifically what code you have added, that could be helpful.

I was not able to find any similar reports in any of our support databases. The best suggestion I can make right now is to run the ProcessSystemEvents(); function periodically in your code to ensure that all callbacks are being processed properly.

Scott Y
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,690 Views)