LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link errors for NI-MAQdx examples

I’m getting link errors while debug compiling for all of the NIMAQdx examples.  There are three of them and they start with Undefined symbol, then ‘_UPLIBBreadpointWithElab@16’ referenced in the .lib file.  Using version CVI2013 and NI-MAQdx 4.2  Any suggestions?  Thanks.Smiley Happy

snelson
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,825 Views)

Hi snelson,

Thank you for your question! Hopefully we can figure something out with a few more details. First, is this problem occurring for one example in particular or for all of the IMAQdx examples you have tried to compile? Are you including the appropriate vision .h files? What about the vision library? 

Are you compiling for 32- or 64-bit?

Finally, it may be helpful if you could post a screen shot of the actual error you are receiving.

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,799 Views)

Hi Andy,

It's occurring on all of the examples IMAQdx examples.  I have a 32-bit PC, but tried it also on a 64-bit with the same linking errors.  I'm compiling in debug, but same errors during release version.  I think I'm including all of the appropriate files.  Attached is a screen shot.

Thanks,

snelson

snelson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,785 Views)

Fixed for imaqDX

See the thread here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/after-migrating-to-CVI-2013-could-not-get-an-exe-file/td-p/25...

Note that NI-Vision still is causing problems though.CVI2012 can find the functions defined in nivision.h, but CVI2013 cannot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,778 Views)

Steve,

Thanks for pointing me to that thread.  Using the smaller library (nimaqdx.lib 38kB, not 187kB) did the trick.  As you said, the nivision.h functions are still not linking but I'll roll back to cvi2012 and see if that helps.

snelson 

snelson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,755 Views)