cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI for Windows 2020 f1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

there is a new readme available, however, I could not discover any difference to the original version. In the past the suffix meant a fix and I think it would be good if we would know what exactly will have been (no software download yet) fixed.

Thanks, NI guys 😊

Message 1 of 23
(2,871 Views)

Thanks for sharing buddy! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(2,790 Views)

I hope they will not delay the release after May 1st, because this will mean dropping the Windows 7 support.
I wonder what jaw-dropping new technologies they are going to implement that forces to drop it as run-time target, too.
On the development side, of course, is totally acceptable.
Some programs of mine are often used in universities labs on obsolete PCs, running 7 (and some XP, too). 

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(2,755 Views)

Hello NI,

now two weeks after my original post a modified download seems to be available - unfortunately so far nobody was so kind to explain the differences between CVI2020 and CVI2020f1...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(2,721 Views)

by the way, the runtime upgrade is found also by NI Package Manager (not by NI Update Service, why is this tool still distributed?).

Be aware that the new Package Manager will not support Win10 32 bit anymore, whereas CVI does (at least according to the Readme)

f1.png

this is the 2020f1 Readme, no limitation to 64 bit:

Wolfgang_1-1617862538806.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(2,719 Views)

OK, I do not know if the patch resolves more than one problem, at least it does solve one big issue for me, the lack of cooperation with DAQmx, see here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(2,703 Views)

and one more thing:

you can distinguish CVI 2020 (build number 49152) and CVI 2020 f1 (build number 49252) by their build number - unfortunately there is still no possibility to obtain the patch level programmatically

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(2,702 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

CVI 2020 f1 known issue list has been published and can be found https://www.ni.com/ro-ro/support/documentation/bugs/20/labwindows-cvi-2020-known-issues.html.

Message 8 of 23
(2,691 Views)

Thanks so much 😊

However this is the list of fixed issues, not the list of known issues - otherwise one would have to assume that in CVI there are no more known issues whereas this list exceeds some hundreds entries...

...and it does not include the DAQmx issue - never mind, I am happy that it is working now!!

Your link does not (yet) work for me:

knownissues.png

This one works - there seem to be country-specific web site differences 😉

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/bugs/20/labwindows-cvi-2020-known-issues.html

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(2,688 Views)

Hello Razvan_P, the link you provided ends up in a page error: can you check and correct it, please?

Ok, didn't see the one Wofgang provided...

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,655 Views)