LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

Hi userIECS, 

This post seems to suggest that the functionality won't be moved over to 64 bit systems because it's really old technology that could run into security restriction problems. Take a look at the post as it references a possible solution using the VISA API.

Message 11 of 37
(9,977 Views)

Thank you for answer, I'll try with VISA API.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(9,970 Views)

My query is, In single graph taken in the uir of labwindows , Is it possible to integrate two graphs 

Eg: I need to integrate V versus T and C versus T within the taken single graph from the palette 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(9,552 Views)

Hello snoopy, please don't spread a single question across multiple threads: yu have already created a new discussion and this is the right way to do; let's follow the discussion here.

Moreover, this thread is to announce and comment the LabWindowsw/CVI idea eschange, an area where suggestions for new improvements can be posted for everyone to comment or support them if considered useful. Requests for clarifications on existing functionalities do not pertain the the idea exchange.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(9,545 Views)

i  am using sqltoolkit 2.0  &  OS window 7 , when i am uploading  the data to database .   then i am getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(9,476 Views)

Hello mukesh121, please don't spread a single question across multiple threads: you have already created a new discussion here and this is the right way to do.

Moreover, this thread is to announce and comment the LabWindowsw/CVI idea exchange, an area where suggestions for new improvements can be posted for everyone to comment or support them if considered useful. Requests for clarifications on existing functionalities do not pertain the the idea exchange.

(9,464 Views)

I have used LabwindowsCVI for 5 years.From 09 to 2013 sp2.It's a good software for using.But for so many versions,I also found some questions about the software which is not convenient for user.I hope CVI authors can fix those.

1\When there are many files in editors,I must use x to close files.2.png,I hope we can use in such way,1.jpg

2\When I distributed the files,use cvi tools,it will build a very large pack.SO usually I only take the .dll to my software.Whether we can get the small package when I use the distribution.

3\When I use the right click,"GO TO DEFITION "to see a varible,But I'cant go back.I muse open the file to find.Where I can go back to click a button,just like

3.png

the picture come from Keil for mcu.I think the editor has many advantage which we can learn.Thanks,hope cvi better.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(8,612 Views)

Hello zhangxing,

this thread is to announce the CVI Idea Exchange board, where you can post your suggestions to improve this beautiful product. I suggest you to take a look to that board: you'll find plenty of useful ideas that you may want to support adding kudos to the most interesting to you. You will find for example this suggestion that addresses you question #2.

As per your other questions, you're right that at present those features are not present in the IDE, with the exception of Windows>>Close all menu function, so feel free to post your suggestions there and get kudos / comments from all other users.

(8,594 Views)

1. There is a "Close Other Tabs" item in the menu that appears when you right-click on the editor tab.

CloseOtherTabs.png

3. There isn't a toolbar button to 'go back' after you go to a definition or browse to a reference, but there is 'Go Back' menu item in the Edit menu > Go To submenu. You can also use the <Ctrl+G> keyboard shortcut, or the right-click menu of the source editor.

GoBack.png

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(8,587 Views)

Uhu! I missed those shortcuts when versions changed!

(8,722 Views)