cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI 2017 f1 Patch not found by NI Update Service

Solved!
Go to solution

Today,

browsing NI's web site hoping to find some information about a SP for CVI 2017 I discovered that at least a patch is available fixing an issue with the compiler. Although NI recommends this update for all users it does not provide any information about what is fixed, nor is this patch mentioned in this forum, nor is it found by NI's Update Service.

I would conclude that this leaves some room for improvement Smiley Wink So please, NI, add some release information and update your Update Service... Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
(2,474 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang -

The patch you are referencing is currently only posted on ni.com for download. However, an Update Service notification with this fix will be available in the upcoming period of time. To give you a bit of context, the patch contains stability fixes when casting a double to a float in an application compiled in 64-bit release mode with no optimizations.

Best regards,

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,444 Views)

Thanks Johannes for your bit of context Smiley Wink

I hope the final release information will be even more detailed Smiley Happy Right now I would conclude that I do not need this patch because all my (64 bit) executables are set to be optimized for speed.

For curiosity: does it mean a newer/patched clang version or the same compiler but with improved NI adjustments?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,441 Views)

Hey Wolfgang,

Thank you for pointing this out for us. I've made an announcement on the forums and linked to some updated documentation.

Cheers,

Ryan Curtis

Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 6
(2,422 Views)

Thanks Ryan Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,419 Views)

Hey Wolfgang,

Just to follow up on this question as well, the patch does contain fixes that we included from a later Clang version, but it is not a full upgrade to a new version of Clang/LLVM.

Regards,

Ryan Curtis

Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,363 Views)