LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IviScope_ConfigureAcquisitionRecord and IviScope_ConfigureInterpolation fail

Hi All,

I set up my oscilloscope for an acquisition over TCP/IP using the IVI libraries.

Scope is a Tektronix DPO7354C.

I have no problems setting up Triggers and Channels but when I get to set the acquisition I have problems

This is my call sequence:

IviScope_ConfigureAcquisitionType (scopeHandle, IVISCOPE_VAL_NORMAL);                    //OK

IviScope_ConfigureAcquisitionRecord (scopeHandle, 0.001, 1000, 0.0);                                 //FAIL
IviScope_ConfigureInterpolation (scopeHandle, IVISCOPE_VAL_NO_INTERPOLATION);    //FAIL

I've an error on

IviScope_ConfigureAcquisitionRecord and IviScope_ConfigureInterpolation

If I comment on these two calls everything goes well and I acquire my waveform.

Could anyone tell me how to solve?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,874 Views)

Hi @Requiem_Q,

Could you please provide some further information on the errors you are receiving? What are the error codes and error messages? Screenshots would be helpful.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,819 Views)

Hi @nestorl

The driver gives me no more information about these errors. (In other cases I have errors like "value not supported")
In the end I switched to low-level settings.

so I split 

IviScope_ConfigureAcquisitionRecord (scopeHandle, 0.001, 1000, 0.0);

into

IviScope_SetAttributeViReal64 (scopeHandle, VI_NULL, IVISCOPE_ATTR_ACQUISITION_START_TIME, start_time/*0.0*/);

IviScope_SetAttributeViReal64 (scopeHandle, VI_NULL, IVISCOPE_ATTR_HORZ_TIME_PER_RECORD, time_per_record/*0.001*/);

IviScope_SetAttributeViReal64 (scopeHandle, VI_NULL, VISCOPE_ATTR_HORZ_MIN_NUM_PTS, min_num_pts/*1000*/);

IviScope_ConfigureInterpolation (scopeHandle, interp_type);

the problem occurs with the settings VISCOPE_ATTR_HORZ_MIN_NUM_PTS and IviScope_ConfigureInterpolation

It's a problem I only have with a Tektronix oscilloscope, I have no problems with another tested brand.

The values entered are supported by the oscilloscope (and in any case I also tried the default ones.

At this point I think it's a problem with the Tektronix driver

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,808 Views)