LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input file is not a valid archive

Hello , I am trying to build the project, it shows 1 link error on Lib file, “Input file is not a valid archive”, please let me know how to solve this problem, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,341 Views)

I am trying to run it on CVI2013 and CVI2017, the issue is same, if you need the lib, DLL and H file for further analysis, I can sent to you privately, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,328 Views)

I don't remember if I ever met with this error before, but digging in forum discussions I found this one that is probably a good starting point to try solving the problem.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,313 Views)

Hello 

I have 1 h file, 1 DLL file, and 1 lib file, Please let me know if  I can create a new lib file ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,310 Views)

Hello Robert,

I have re-generated 2 new Lib files both on CVI2013 and CVI2017, it's no helpful, I have also checked LoadExernalModule Options to disable or enable the lib file, it's no useful, please let me know if you have any other solutions. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,302 Views)

I cannot give you a detailed guidance since I rarely had to perform such a task, but this post by inniwhoni in the discussion I linked previously should be enough for you to try.

EDIT I see you already succeeded in rebuilding the library. I have no other suggestions, I never faced the error you are getting. Let's see if somebody more experienced on the matter can offer some guidance.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,297 Views)

Hi there,

I see that you are trying to run it in two different versions of CVI, perhaps you can try the suggestions in this post, the file was compiled in 2012 and they tried to open in 2013: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/CVI2013-quot-not-a-valid-archive-quot/td-p/2525174

And another post here with the same problems you faced: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Input-file-is-not-a-valid-archive/td-p/3706720

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,279 Views)