LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO Device error DAQmx -2147220719

I've been using an application developed in CVI 2013.  This application has been running using IO card NI PCI-6534 with no issues.  I then updated the IO card to the NI PCIe-6536B due to the PC not having additional PCI card slots.

When running the application I am able to run the IO tests about 2-3 times before getting the -2147220719 error.  I've attached a file "Capture.txt" and was able to know if anyone else has received these errors and was able to correct them?  TY!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,097 Views)

Hi BeauReed,

I am unsure if this helps, but have you tried resetting the NI-MAX Configuration database? I have seen a message that mentions that your error can occur if the database gets corrupted (maybe needs a longer delay between reading and initializing). Here is what you can eventually do. There is a warning message you may want to take a look at before you try this though

"Note: Use caution, as this procedure will delete all configuration data stored in MAX including DAQmx Tasks, DAQmx Global Virtual Channels, custom scales, and device configuration."

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC&l=en-US

If that doesn't work, if you use NI-MAX manually to create and read from P1.6, do you see the same error?

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,058 Views)

Vincent

I've tried resetting the NI-MAX Configuration database with no luck.

I've created and read from P1.6 from the NI-MAX and I see no error, but it seems to be calling it in a different way, using DAQ function calls instead of DAQmx calls... Will research more.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,033 Views)

I've attempted another NI-Max Configuration database, same errors as before.

I attached the copy of running the DIChan.  I am not entirely sure if I am running this correct as my previous remark were that the calls are different.

How are the 2 models (PCI-6534 and the PCIe-6536B) so different with these calls?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,965 Views)

Some other information on the LabWindows CVI Set up.  I have one class that contains all the calls for the IO Device calls, for simplistic sake here is a sample of the functions; function Reset() { DAQmxResetDevice } and function DoWork() { DAQmxCreateTask,  DAQmxCreate..., DAQmxWrite/Read..., DAQmxClearTask }

For the different tests that are ran it calls the function Reset() to initialize the IO Device and for every sub-test it calls the function DoWork(). 

When I start the application it calls the function Reset().  When you select a test to run it repeats the calls from the paragraph above.

So, I was noticing that the error occurred during the DAQmxCreate...  

Test1:
I set up a test where it calls the function Reset() and it loops on the function DoWork() 10 times. I noticed that I got NO errors.  I then called this method again in which it produced the error (-2147220719) as before. 

Test2:

I set up a test where I DO NOT call the function Reset(), since this gets called on an application start. I called this method multiple times and I got NO errors from the DAQmxCreate...

I am thinking that I could remove the additional function Reset() in each of the tests as this is done on application start up.  I am going to test this theory out and see if I still get NO errors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,898 Views)