From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ vision for CVI - ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY

I have developed a CVI application for image analysis using the IMAQ vision package.

The application works just fine except that after a long time using it (more than 4 hours and more than 100 images analyzed) I have an error message when doing a simple imaqReadFile() operation. The error code an number I obtain is -1074396159 - ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY - Not enough memory for requested operation.

I am disposing all images after each use so I made sure the image I am trying to read is fine.

Also the RAM memory seems to be perfectly fine and far away from its capacity.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,168 Views)

Is it an issue with specific image files? If you start the process back up and operate on the image that threw that error, does everything work well the second time?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,138 Views)

Yes, I tried to open the image that triggered the error and it is OK. There is no issue with the image.

The program flow is repetitive, so before the issue happens, the same image was overwritten several times and read afterwards without problem. The issue only happens after using the application several hours.

The image is a 4,155KB image in png format, 16 bit depth monochrome.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,129 Views)