LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder what does it cost...

... to announce that Labwindows/CVI 2020 has been released?
I was browsing the NI Package Manager and stumbled upon it by accident.

Carlo A.
Megaris

Message 1 of 5
(1,346 Views)

Hi Carlo,

Typically the actual release of the product on NI Package Manager is done a few days before the release is announced on ni.com. However, checking periodically the release information page, which is updated at the same time the product releases, is a good way to stay up to date; not all software has a page like that, but LabWindows/CVI has.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,241 Views)

Hi Alessia
Are you aware that the "release information page" has three links related to 2020 release and two of them bring to nowhere?
I wonder what does it cost to check a webpage before to publish it.
Ciao

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,234 Views)

Hi Carlo,
for your information, the LabWindows/CVI Release Information page has been thoroughly redesigned (and renamed); in addition to the Readme, the Known Issues and Bug Fixes pages for CVI 2020 are also online now.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,125 Views)

Hi Alessia,

I am almost sure that the information given on https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/bugs/20/labwindows-cvi-2020-known-issues.html is not correct - 'At this time, there are no known issues to publish'.

Maybe it should read 'no additional issues', but in the past the known issue list included all known issues of the current version, so I would ask that you list all known issues of the 2020 version - even if at present there are no new issues, because several issues have been fixed so that the lists 0f CVI 2019 and CVI 2020 differ. For a user it is much simpler to search just one list than all lists of previous versions. What do you think?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,115 Views)