LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pack SQL Toolkit when I build CVI procedure distributions ?

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've copy " mesa.dll "to my target computer and it could work,but not very well.Sometimes,the communication would interrupt.

I haven't found the reason.However,

The first time it was installed correctly and it shows that more than 10 modules were waiting being  installed, and it did not shows lacks of " mesa.dll ".

It shows  that there's only one module being installed since I uninstalled the .MSI file in my target computer.

I don't know whether it is normal.

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

I wouldn't care success or failure,for I will only struggle ahead as long as I have been destined to the distance.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,181 Views)

I wasn't asking you to copy the mesa.dll file to your target computer. I wanted to know if it was present so that we would know whether it was a problem with the mesa.dll dependencies not being configured correctly, or a problem with mesa.dll not being installed at all.

You shouldn't try to copy this file manually to your target computer. If the problem was that the file was not present in the target, then the solution is to create your distribution properly in order to make sure that it includes mesa.dll. Let me know if this is the situation you're in and we can then proceed to the next step of figuring out what exactly is in your distribution.

Luis

Message 12 of 18
(1,174 Views)

Hi !

Thank you very much for your advice.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your meaning.

I've seached my target computer and did not find the Mesa.dll in it. I do not find "C:\Program Files (x86)\",but only find "C:\Program Files \".

Although I install my MSI file in "C:\Program Files \National Instruments\",I could not find "National Instruments" in "C:\Program Files \".

Previously,I uninstalled the MSI file and deleted its related files,including the installation directory of files.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

I wouldn't care success or failure,for I will only struggle ahead as long as I have been destined to the distance.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,162 Views)

"C:\Program Files (x86)" is the name of the folder in 64-bit OS. If you have a 32-bit OS, that folder is actually "C:\Program Files". I'm sorry, I should have made this more clear.

Are you saying that you were searching for mesa.dll and "National Instruments" after you uninstalled your application? If so, I wouldn't expect you to find anything at that point. I meant for you to install your application, and then search for mesa.dll. Can you do so now and let me know if you can find it?

The mesa.dll file should be installed in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Mesa\mesa.dll

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,152 Views)

Hi !

Thank you very much for your advice.

I've installed my aplication in the target computer .The installation directory is  "C:\Program Files \National Instruments\",111.jpgbut,I could not find "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\", and only could find "C:\Program Files\移动救生舱兼避难硐室监控系统\". so it coud not find mesa.dll in  it. I do not know why it has no "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\".

How can I make it out ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,141 Views)

1. Using regedit in your target computer, please let me know the value of the "NISHAREDDIR" value, in the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Common\Installer

2. In your development computer, please edit your distribution (Build>>Distributions>>Edit... and then attach a screenshot that shows everything that you have selected in the Drivers & Components tab (remember to expand the "NI LabWindows/CVI Run-TimeEngine" item at the top). Also, in the Advanced tab, let me know the value of the "Install LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine in the application directory" option.

Thanks,

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,130 Views)

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply.

1、It does not show any value of the "NISHAREDDIR" in the following location:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Common\Installer

NI.jpgSee the attachment "regedit"

2、The attachment "Drivers & Components tab " and "Advanced tab"are in the below.

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

2、

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,123 Views)

1. Actually, according to your regedit.jpg screenshot, that location does contain an "NISHAREDDIR" value. It's the last one in the list. Regardless, the results show that the installation location for mesa.dll is the default location. That's all I wanted to find out.

2. It looks like your distribution should definitely be installing mesa.dll to its default location. I can't explain why you can't find that file.

The next step is to obtain a log of your distribution's installation to see if something unusual is happening. To obtain a log, please uninstall your application and then reinstall it using the following command-line option:

setup.exe /log <your log file>

Then, please attach the log file here so that we can take a look at it.

Thanks,

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,108 Views)