LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pack SQL Toolkit when I build CVI procedure distributions ?

Hi !

I've written a procedure that datas saved automaticly into "*.mdb" file. I want it could work well in the  uninstalled CVI software computer,So,I build the procedure into MSI file.

However,it could not save datas automaticly into database while it communicates normally.I also configure the ODBC.

So,I think it may not pack SQL Toolkit into MSI file.

Someone says it should pack cvidb32 file (the attachment).Therefore,I pack cvidb32.ll into It.But it still could not save datas into "*.mdb"file.

If you could tell me how to solve the problem,I would appreciate it very much ! 

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

I wouldn't care success or failure,for I will only struggle ahead as long as I have been destined to the distance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,915 Views)

see here

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,910 Views)

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply.

However,I could not find IVCD.LIC --> ODBC driver license file.

Could you tell me where can I find it ? Or if you have one ?

Thank you !

I wouldn't care success or failure,for I will only struggle ahead as long as I have been destined to the distance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,907 Views)

The help for the SQL toolkit has a topic on distributing binaries that use the toolkit. The topic is called "Distributing an SQL Toolkit Executable or DLL". Look for the help under Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>SQL Toolkit for CVI.

Luis

Message 4 of 18
(3,900 Views)

Hi !

I've pack the procedure according to your advice.It only install one module in my computer,and it could save datas automaticly into **.mdb file. But, it sometimes occurs error .

When I install it in other computer,it could not save datas automaticly into **.mdb file.So,I uninstall it and install it again.However,it occurs error that it lacks  of  **.dll file.

I don' t know how to solve it. I'm not sure whether it could work well in the uninstalled CVI software computer,although it could work in my computer.

Would you give me some advice /

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,884 Views)

I'm not really sure exactly what your failures are, nor whether they're related to the distribution.

You need to provide a lot more detailed information than that, if you want us to try to help you:

1. Does your application always work correctly when you run it from the CVI development environment?

2. What "module", exactly, did you install in your development computer?

3. Exactly what error is it that is "occurring sometimes" in your development computer?

4. Does your distribution install correctly in your target computer? Specifically, is cvidb32.dll installed by your distribution, and are all the data sources used by your application created as expected?

5. When you get an error about a missing .dll in your target computer, what is the missing dll?

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,878 Views)

Hi !

1、My application always works correctly in my computer,and my computer has installed CVI software.

2、I do not know which module exactly.It only shows "installing 1 module for 1 module" when I install it . 

3、It has not gone wrong in my computer since yesterday.I didn't save the error when it occured yesterday.

4、cvidb32.dll has been installed into my distribution.I have configured the ODBC.I think my distribution installed incorrectly in my target computer.

5、It shows "Mesa.dll could not be found" when I run the application in the target computer.

dll.jpgI don't know where the mistake is.Whether it is the target computer problem or it packed incorrectly.

Expecting your good advice.

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,868 Views)

Regarding "mesa.dll" error look at this post from LuisG and the thread he links there.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,862 Views)

Hi !

I've add the two modules into the distribution according to your guidance.However,the same error occurs.

It still shows"Installing the first ! module and the total number of  module is 1 " when I install the .MSI file.

It still shows dll2.jpg when I run the application.Besides,it has no other mistakes.

I don't know whether it the target computer problem or I pack it incorrectly.

Someone advised me to add " IVCD.LIC --> ODBC driver license file",but I could not find the license file - IVCD.LIC.

Additionally,I've ever uninstalled the .MSI file in the target computer. After that,the error occurs.

Thank you very much !

Best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,858 Views)

Can you double-check that mesa.dll exists in your target computer? It should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\Mesa\mesa.dll.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,842 Views)