LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the length of the clock signals on NI8451

Hi,

Even with examples the problem is the same, So with this ni8451 device i can´t reach data rate speed that i was expecting.

Can you clarify me if this ni8451 support the streaming API, because i can't run the  device with this API implemented even with the examples provided.

Reading the manual nothing is said about this.

Regards,

Tiago

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(725 Views)

Hi Tiago, 

The Streaming API is currently only supported by the 8452 device. Sincerely, 

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(721 Views)

Dear Julianne

I have recently bought a 8451 board to acquire signals from a SPI ADC and am now extremely disappointed that the streaming mode is not supported.

I think that this is not clear enough on the device's specs and manual. From such an expensive board one expects that all modes are supported.

I suppose that this could be solved with a firmware update, Does NI plan to update, or should I forget about the 8451 for the task I had planned? This would be a major disappointment for a decade-old NI customer!

Best regards

Helder Carvalho 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(700 Views)

Hi Helder, 

The 8451 does not support the stream API, due to a hardware limitation. As a result, there will not be firmware or a software update released to support the stream API. I have filed a request to have the manual updated to be more clear about the stream API compatibility with the 8452 versus the 8451. If you have any concerns with the device you purchased, please contact your sales representative at National Instruments. Sincerely, 

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(687 Views)