LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a DC voltage continuously using PCI-6723 card

HI,

I am generating a AC voltage i.e sinewave for signals using PCI-6723 .

Now My problem is I want to generate a DC voltage using PCI-6723 card (If I am right DC is not a Sinewave)

Please help me how to generate a DC voltage continuously using PCI-6723

Response required ASAP

Waiting for your response.

Regards
krishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,914 Views)
yes, you are right, dc is not a sine wave.

i do not know about your specific card, but these are the functions i use to generate dc voltage on my card.

DAQmxCreateTask()
DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan()
DAQmxWriteAnalogF64()
DAQmxStartTask()
DAQmxStopTask()
DAQmxClearTask()

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,893 Views)
To add to the information in the previous post, if you want to simultaneously start a sine wave output on one channel and a DC output on another channel, you can do this by defining the writeArray parameter of DAQmxWriteAnalogF64() to include your sine wave values as well as your DC values. 

The dataLayout parameter specifies how the samples in writeArray are arranged.  If you pass
"DAQmx_Val_GroupByScanNumber " to this parameter, then the samples in your array need to be interleaved.  In other words, the array should list the first sample from every channel in the task, then the second sample from every channel, up to the last sample from every channel.  If you pass "DAQmx_Val_GroupByChannel" to the dataLayout parameter, then the samples in the writeArray should be non-interleaved.  This means that the array lists all samples from the first channel in the task, then all samples from the second channel, up to all samples from the last channel

Keep in mind that each channel needs to have the same number of samples in the writeArray.
Message 3 of 3
(2,864 Views)