LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download file from internet

How can I download an arbitrary file from a web page using LabWindows/CVI (Meas. Studio v6.0) ?

Is this possible without having to purchase the Enterprise Connectivity Toolkit (which seems to include far more functionality than I will ever need)?
I tried the demo version of the E.C. Toolkit and sure it does what I need but I cannot justify the cost

Can anyone point me to C code that does this using Winsock?
I am also interested in C code to send an email from CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,142 Views)
You can get this functionality by just upgrading your CVI 6 version to CVI 7.1. The LabWindows/CVI Internet Toolkit is now a standard LabWindows/CVI library, allowing you to quickly create Internet-based applications. This functionality includes FTP, Telnet, e-mail, and ping capabilities.

Best Regards,
Heiner Illig
Applications Engineering
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,136 Views)
If you have the CVI 6.0 Full Development System, you can use the ShellExecute SDK function to send email. You don't need additional toolkits to do this. Installing SDK is an option with the CVI FUll Development System. You can reinstall to add SDK if you skipped it the first time. Check your registration card to see if your license is for a Full Development System.

From the project window, go to Edit > Add Files to Project >> Library (*.Lib) and browse to ...\CVI\SDK\lib\Shell32.lib.
Add these two includes to the top of your list in the .c file.
Note: delete the space after < (I added the space to fool the forum's HTML error detection).
#include < windows.h>
#include < shellapi.h>
//....
// where ever you want to mail:
ShellExecute( NULL, NULL, "mailto:someuser@somewhere.com", NULL, NULL, 0);

Click here for some additional discussion on sending email.

Have you tried the search utility here at ni.com? There is a wealth of information there in previously answered questions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,124 Views)