From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically save CSV files to a folder ?

Hello,

I discover the CVI software, I have to modify the already existing program.

The purpose of the change I need to save csv files automatically, I need to replace the "FileSelectPopupEx" function with an autosave without showing a file selection dialog.

I used a Timer callback to run the autosave.

For a few days, i can't find the function that saves the CSV file.

I hope to get your help, thank you.

Timothy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(931 Views)

Hello Timothy,

from what you say I understand that the saving file operation is already performed by the program and you only need to automate this without the need for operator intervention.

Inside your timer callback you will need to add some code to generate the correct file pathname; GetProjectDir () and MakePathname () functions can be of help in creating the correct path if you need to customize it someway. I leave to you the generation of the file name since you don't give any detail about it (is this question somewhat connected to this other one of yours? Then you have some clues there).

After creating the correct pathname you will need to incorporate the code that actually creates the file or call an existing function to perform it.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community