From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph control manual axis limit change bug

I have a simple graph control in my program that displays an XY curve (using a linear xy scale, with x axis gain and offset set to specific (double) values) . The axes are set to Editable, which allows me to change the limits on X and Y axes in GUI. The changes work correctly, except when I change the X maximum value - it changes to the newly set value, but causes a simultaneous change in the X minimum value, setting it to a large negative number.

This only happens when I use X Gain setting that is less than 1.0.

The behavior when changing X minimum value is normal and doesn't affect the X maximum value.

It looks like a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,491 Views)

Well, attach a VI containing default data in the graph so we get an idea what you are describing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,445 Views)

This is LabWindows not Labview. What type of files are you looking for?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,424 Views)

Can you pare it down to a minimal example project? Or modify a sample project slightly that comes with CVI? Then some people here would be able to replicate it and help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,386 Views)

Here is a simple example project I created.

After hitting the Plot button, a simple diagonal curve is drawn. Box X and Y axes limits can be manually changed. Only the change in X axis Maximum value creates a problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,373 Views)

Here is a simple example project I created.

After hitting the Plot button, a simple diagonal curve is drawn. Box X and Y axes limits can be manually changed. Only the change in X axis Maximum value creates a problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,326 Views)