From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a Labwindows CVI application in console and graphical UI how to remove console?

I am making Labwindows CVI application which need to be started as Graphical User Interface if there is no parameters and in Command Line (no UI) is there are some parameters.

So in the "BUILD" / "TARGET SETTING" menu, I set the "Create Console Application" item.

But when I launch the application with no parameter, I have a "console windows" that appear. 

How would you do to avoid starting that "console window" or close it?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(761 Views)

Hello,

you have SetStdioWindowOptions(..., BringToFrontWhenModified, ...) and SetStdioWindowVisibility() but those may be for the old type of 'DOS' window. When you select the console option in Target Settings, I think it'll show on start. In that case there might be some deep settings in the Windows SDK...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(732 Views)

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, 

The only way I have found to hide the STDIO windows is to call SetStdioWindowSize (0, 0);

SetStdioWindowVisibility (FALSE); doesn't seem to work for my version of LabWindows CVI.

Best regards,

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(679 Views)