LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not found converting CVI 8.11 to Visual C 6.0

I am using CVI version 8.11 and have installed the Measurement Studio 6.0 for support in Visual Studio 6.0. When I try and create a new NI CVI project in Visual C and point it to a CVI project file I get a pop-up saying files not found and that "the project file contains references to files that do not exist" and "open in CVI to update paths". I have done this and the project compiles fine in CVI but will not convert to a VC project. Has anyone encountered this problem and know how ot fix it?
I have tried a variety of project files and it does this for all - it seems to be an issue with 8.11/VC6.0....

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,139 Views)

It may be that the VC6 conversion wizard (installed with Measurement Studio 6) doesn't properly interpret the CVI 8.1.1 project file format.

--
Martin
Certified CVI Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,104 Views)
Hey Geoff,

I was able to use the conversion wizard with CVI 8.1.1 without receiving that error message.  Have you tried with a new, simple project?
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,093 Views)
A simple "Hello World" program will convert. I have done some further investigation: all paths in the .prj file are valid, but it seems that if you include function panels in the project you get the "file path not correct" error. For instance if you add the asynctmr.fp function panel from toolslib it produces the following in the prj file:

[File 0002]
File Type = "Function Panel"
Res Id = 2
Path Is Rel = True
Path Rel To = "CVI"
Path Rel Path = "toolslib/toolbox/asynctmr.fp"
Path = "/c/program files/national instruments/cvi81/toolslib/toolbox/asynctmr.fp"
Exclude = False
Project Flags = 0
Folder = "Instrument Files"

where CVI is defined as:
CVI Dir = "/c/Program Files/National Instruments/CVI81"

However if you change the line
Path Is Rel = True
to
Path Is Rel = False

The project will convert.
It seems that there is a bug when referencing relative to the CVI path?

My work around at present is to hack the prj file not to use relative paths.

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,090 Views)
Geoff,

I haven't yet tried the wizard myself to see what it does with relative paths, but I just wanted to point out that if you want a file to not be saved as a relative path, you don't have to hack the .prj file. You can edit the project (Edit>>Project) and then select the "Use Absolute Path for File" option.

Luis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,071 Views)