LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileSelectPopup doesn't show mapped network drives

Hello, I'm using CVI 2019 in Windows 10 and, when I use FileSelectPopup function, I cannot select the mapped network drives because they are not listed in the popup. Here below a screen shot of what happens using File Explorer and FileSelectPopup in the same computer.

File ExplorerFile ExplorerFileSelectPopupFileSelectPopup

Until two months ago I was using CVI 2013 and Windows 7 and I never saw this behavior: FileSelectPopup and File Explorer always gave the same results.

Anybody already experienced this problem? Is there any flag I should select in my source code or IDE?

Best regards

Sergio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,985 Views)

Hello, I haven't installed CVI2019 yet so I haven't tried myself but I would try using FileSelectpopupEx instead just to test if this behavior is different.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,950 Views)

Thank you Roberto,

following your suggestion I've tried to use FileSelectPopupEx instead: same result, no mapped network drives are listed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,935 Views)

By the way, if I type the complete address of my network drive (\\storagename\dirname\....) into the FileSelectPopup "address bar", then I'm able to navigate the network drive. So the only problem seems to be that FileSelectPopup is not able to find network drives itself

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,930 Views)