From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDI FTD2xx.lib with CVI2020

Hi all,

Has anybody managed to build a CVI project using the latest (2.12.36.4) FTDI files ftd2xx.h and ftd2xx.lib downloaded from the FDTICHIP.COM web site?

I have tried including these files in my CVI project but am presented with linking errors when building.

FTDI have an example CVI project that I have download and installed in the same environment and that builds under CVI2020 ok. This example is very old and includes much older versions of the two files in question but it does build.

If I replace the old ftd2xx.h and ftd2xx.lib files that came with the example project with the latest versions of those file, back come the linking errors.

I contacted FTDI but they say "it should work with CVI" but they are not able to provide support for CVI specific issues 😞

Any help would be most appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,195 Views)

After much head-scratching I spotted what I had done wrong …

I was wanting to use the dynamic library but had included the static version of the ftd2xx.lib file in my CVI project.

Corrected that an it now builds and links correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,159 Views)